Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Special Birthday Card for a Special Lady!

This is a card that I designed earlier this year for my mother-in-law's 91st Birthday.  She has since gone home to be with the Lord so I am so very grateful that I took the extra time to use Copics to color the iris.  This is a 6 x 6 card.  I used BV 11, 13 & 17 for the flower (twice to pop up the iris and buds) and YG 21,23 & 25 for the leaves.  The lilac paper is from Basic Grey and the cardstock is Bazzill.  I used Spellbinders Labels 10 to cut out the mats which I ran through my Cuttlebug Cassie's Brocade Embossing folder.  I used another die to cut out the oval.  The dies from HFC Decorative Dutch Iris were used to cut the full blossom and buds.  The flourish in in the same set.  I then glammed up the flower with small yellow beads for a bit of sparkle and pearls at the end of each flourish.  She loved the card and intended to have it framed.  The birthday sentiment was part of my stash!  We miss you Ruby Oates and trust that we will be reunited when we have finished our race here!

1 comment:

  1. totally love this, you colored that gorgeous flower perfectly!!!! Sorry to hear about your mom but like mine, they are with Jesus now!

    ReplyDelete