Wednesday, January 18, 2012
My brother has a 65th birthday coming up this week. He was so kind to wish me "Happy Birthday" last year to me as "my oldest living blood relative". That was a huge NO NO, so I designed this sympathy card using this week's sketch. I of course wished him Happy Birthday on the inside of the card, but you know how "older brothers" can be - especially when we were growing up and little boys sometimes never grow up either! LOL
I used basic creme colored cardstock for the base and used 3 different designs of Canvas Corp Black & Ivory collection. I used a Heartfelt Creations Die - Decorative Lace Border - to make my ribbon and "Thinking of You also is from Heartfelt Creations Dutch Iris Oval Pre-Cut Set. Used Spellbinders to cut out the circle shapes. All of the edges were distressed with Black Chalk Ink. The flower is from Paper Element's Rub-Ons Tart from my stash.. As you can see, I pretty much followed the sketch with own interpretations about the ribbon type embellishment! I hope you like it! I wish that I could see my brother's face when he opens up his card!
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
This is the third of 3 projects that I designed and submitted to Little Yellow Bicycle's Saturday Design Team aka, Biker Chicks! Love it! My husband and I enjoying riding our 24 speed bikes up in the NC mountains on trails that go downhill or are flat! LOL This new paper I got a peek of today while I was at Betty's Stamping and Scrapbooking Room in Greensboro has one page that really goes along sooooo well with our recreational activities! Any way, here is the list of supplies that you will need to make this project! No instructions today as I will be teaching a class with this layout soon at Betty's!
Little Yellow Bicycle "Winter Twig" 12 x 12, 2-page Layout
· 2 pieces 12x12 Little Yellow Bicycle Twig Collection Winter Blue (Base for Layout)
· 5 sheets from LYB Twig 11.75x 5.75 cardstock pad: 2 pieces pinecone cardstock; 1 piece snowflake cardstock; 1 piece Winter Twig cardstock
· Bazzill cardstock 8 ½ x 11in Parakeet
· Twig Paper Snowflake Kit
· Twig Journaling Cards
· Twig Cardstock Stickers-Border
· American Crafts Blue Glitter cardstock
· American Crafts Blue Glitter ribbon
· Cuttlebug Embossing folders snowflake & Polka Dots
· Spellbinders Dies: Labels 10 & Scalloped Ovals Large
· Martha Stewart Glacial Snowflake punch
· Quickutz Tags die
· Glitter and Color Box Chalk Ink in Chestnut Road
· Cricut with font of your choice to cut the letters for the Title
· Slotted corner punch
Sunday, January 15, 2012
I Believe 2012: 12x12, 1 page layout
· 3 pieces Little Yellow Bicycle Vita Bella Collection 12x12 DS cardstock in: Blue Diamond Motif, Dark Blue Tonal, and Green & Blue Stripes
· Vita Bella Epoxy Words
· Bazzill Dark Blue Cardstock
· Papercut Gold metallic cardstock
· Creamy Buttery yellow card from stash
· Color Box Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre
· Recollections Rhinestones
· Spellbinders Labels 8
· Cuttlebug Embossing folder Cassie’s Brocade
· Martha Stewart Flower Punch Large Punch Around the Page Set
· Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software to cut out the CK Believe font and 2012 for title and year.
I have kept back several pages of the Vita Bella collection – it is one of my all-time favorites from Little Yellow Bicycle. I used the Dark Blue Tonal as the base cardstock for my project. I used the MS Flower Punch Lg. Punch Around the Page Set to create the flower motif all around the page of LYB Blue Diamond Motif as the overlay. I like the effect of the coordinating blue showing through the border punched out on all 4 sides of the Blue Diamond motif. Since this is the beginning of a new year, there has been discussion in the media about New Year’s resolution; there was talk about this at church recently. I wanted to do a page about myself and what I would like to see happen in my life for 2012. 2011 had been a year of change for our family and knowing that resolutions are rarely kept, I wanted to focus on what I believe which is where my strip journaling came from and why there is a picture of me only on this page. I matted the picture after going around the edge with chalk ink on the creamy buttery yellow cardstock embossed and distressed with Yellow Ochre chalk ink and punched out the corners to match the border around the page. I embossed the dark blue Bazzill CS under the picture and the 2012 Vita Bella Green & Blue Stripes with Cassie’s Brocade embossing folder. The journaling strips were also distressed with the same chalk ink to make them pop off the page. After placing all these elements on the page, I scattered Epoxy Words as embellishments around the page. Three rhinestones were placed at the end of “I Remember” phrase.
Enjoy and celebrate with me about 2012!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Joy in the Journey 6x6 Card
· Little Yellow Bicycle Vita Bella Collection Feather & Scroll CS and Green & Blue Stripes CS
· Bazzill Cardstock in Medium Blue, Green & Yellow
· LYB Vita Bella Glitter Die-Cut Stickers
· LYB Cardstock stickers
· LYB Vita Bella Ribbon
· American Crafts Blue Glitter Cardstock
· Inka-Gold Old Gold (918) and Green (912)
· Spellbinder Dies: Labels 8, Foliage, Blossom Two
· Quickutz Nesting Flowers Die
· Cuttlebug Embossing Folders Paper Lace II
The flowers were cut with the Blossom Two die and embossed with Cuttlebug Paper Lace II embossing folders. They were distressed and highlighted with Old Gold from Inka-Gold to bring out the texture and add depth. Blue glittered cardstock was used to cut out the centers for each flower with the Nesting Flowers Die. Leaves were cut out in the green cardstock and distressed with Inka-Gold green to add sheen and depth. Labels 8 die was used to cut out the Green & Blue Stripes paper with part of it cut off on one end to form the label for the cardstock base for the Joy in the Journey cardstock sticker. The Feather & Scroll cardstock piece was cut to 4x6; a piece of green cardstock was cut to 3x4 inches and placed in the top left corner of the patterned CS; both were mounted to the 6x6 cardstock base after the ribbon was glued down to the top of patterned paper cardstock. The leaves and flowers were then layered slightly above center after the Labels 8 shape was added to the card. A second larger flower was popped up to add dimension to the card. LYB Vita Bella Glitter Die-Cut stickers were added to provide additional interest to the design. I made a bow out of the same ribbon used earlier and placed on the ribbon.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Here is my supply list:
- Hearffelt Creations 3433 - Book Frame 1 Precut Set
- Hearffelt Creations Innoscents Flowers 1 Precut Set
- Hearffelt Creations 3371 Dutch Iris Oval Precut Set
- Basic Grey Offbeat Collection - unexpected
- Bazzill Cardstock
- Vellum paper with gold flourishes & flowers from my stash
- Labels Seven Nestabilities
- Quickutz Nesting Tags Cookie Cutter Dies
- Cuttlebug Embossing folders: Paper Lace II & Swiss Dots
- Mark Richards 5mm Gold Mosaic Tiles
- Copic Markers BG 02, 05 & 07
- Memento London Fog & Rich Cocoa & chalk inks for distressing the edges of the cardstock and stamping the book and verse.
I hope you like this card. Let me know what you think! I would love to have more followers! Have a blessed week and may everyone have a prosperous and creative New Year!