Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mojo Monday 224 Challenge


My brother has a 65th birthday coming up this week.  He was so kind to wish me "Happy Birthday" last year to me as "my oldest living blood relative".  That was a huge NO NO, so I designed this sympathy card using this week's sketch.  I of course wished him Happy Birthday on the inside of the card, but you know how "older brothers" can be - especially when we were growing up and little boys sometimes never grow up either!  LOL

I used basic creme colored cardstock for the base and used 3 different designs of Canvas Corp Black & Ivory collection.  I used a Heartfelt Creations Die - Decorative Lace Border - to make my ribbon and "Thinking of You also is from Heartfelt Creations Dutch Iris Oval Pre-Cut Set.  Used Spellbinders to cut out the circle shapes.  All of the edges were distressed with Black Chalk Ink.  The flower is from Paper Element's Rub-Ons Tart from my stash..  As you can see, I pretty much followed the sketch with own interpretations about the ribbon type embellishment!  I hope you like it!  I wish that I could see my brother's face when he opens up his card!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Donna! (I'm sure you weren't going for "pretty".) It would be lovely for so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Gotta love brothers! Your card looks terrific. Love the boldness of the black. Beautiful job on the punchwork.

    ReplyDelete