I Believe 2012: 12x12, 1 page layout
· 3 pieces Little Yellow Bicycle Vita Bella Collection 12x12 DS cardstock in: Blue Diamond Motif, Dark Blue Tonal, and Green & Blue Stripes
· Vita Bella Epoxy Words
· Bazzill Dark Blue Cardstock
· Papercut Gold metallic cardstock
· Creamy Buttery yellow card from stash
· Color Box Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre
· Recollections Rhinestones
· Spellbinders Labels 8
· Cuttlebug Embossing folder Cassie’s Brocade
· Martha Stewart Flower Punch Large Punch Around the Page Set
· Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software to cut out the CK Believe font and 2012 for title and year.
I have kept back several pages of the Vita Bella collection – it is one of my all-time favorites from Little Yellow Bicycle. I used the Dark Blue Tonal as the base cardstock for my project. I used the MS Flower Punch Lg. Punch Around the Page Set to create the flower motif all around the page of LYB Blue Diamond Motif as the overlay. I like the effect of the coordinating blue showing through the border punched out on all 4 sides of the Blue Diamond motif. Since this is the beginning of a new year, there has been discussion in the media about New Year’s resolution; there was talk about this at church recently. I wanted to do a page about myself and what I would like to see happen in my life for 2012. 2011 had been a year of change for our family and knowing that resolutions are rarely kept, I wanted to focus on what I believe which is where my strip journaling came from and why there is a picture of me only on this page. I matted the picture after going around the edge with chalk ink on the creamy buttery yellow cardstock embossed and distressed with Yellow Ochre chalk ink and punched out the corners to match the border around the page. I embossed the dark blue Bazzill CS under the picture and the 2012 Vita Bella Green & Blue Stripes with Cassie’s Brocade embossing folder. The journaling strips were also distressed with the same chalk ink to make them pop off the page. After placing all these elements on the page, I scattered Epoxy Words as embellishments around the page. Three rhinestones were placed at the end of “I Remember” phrase.
Enjoy and celebrate with me about 2012!