Thursday, June 7, 2012

For another man in my life!


     I have been scrappin' and making cards for a while now, but I am always challenged when it comes to making cards and pages for the men in my life.  I made this  5 x 7 inch card for my son-in-law for his birthday.  Since I am not a cardmaker who likes to stamp and color people, I am always looking for something with a natural feel to it!  I have loved this stamp of the chicadee from Heartfelt Creations for a long time and was delighted to add it to my growing collection from this wonderful company.  I have used it for winter and Christmas before, but leave off some snow, and it is perfect anytime here in the Carolina's with our abundance of pine trees.  I stamped the image and sentiment with Tuxedo Black Ink from Memento and colored it with Copic Markers.  I used punches to punch out the sentiment (Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3363 Inspire Me Sentiments Precu Set) and scalloped mat in a complementary color and distressed the edges.  The paper and frame were some papers in my collection - My Mind's Eye, Wild Asparagus.  The card base is "Cousins" Dots/Lime Paper.  The Frame is also MME Wild Asparagus "Dad" Frame - it has a nice sheen to it, too!  I hope you love this little guy as much as I do.  These chicadees are such "cheeky little fellows", aren't they?

That's all for now!  But can you believe it?  I might get 2 posts in the same week!  Hallelujah!  I'm back and my creative juices are flowing!

Baskets of Blessings, and thank you for stopping by to check out my blog!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment